Role & Responsibilities
As a data scientist, you aim to work hands-on to deliver data-driven machine learning models & applications. Every mission we’ll embark will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries: e.g. one month you might work on a predictive maintenance modelling, another month you might work on a churn model for a marketing client.
You’ll be responsible for (1) data preparation (e.g. feature engineering), (2) research on what type of models to use and (3) the modelling itself. You will work (standalone or in team) with clients (~50% of the time at the client) and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
- Develop predictive and other machine learning models in Python, R or Scala
- Guide customers towards translating their use-case or business idea in machine learning techniques and models
- Act as data science expert on latest machine learning & AI trends
- Be a thought-partner for client data science teams in tackling their specific challenges, limitations & ambitions through machine learning
- Inspire customers with insights, opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data scientists, data engineers but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a data scientist at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as ad-tech, deep learning, digital marketing, predictive maintenance or other.
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering and/or a specialized master in Machine Learning or AI which reflects in
- Knowledge about machine learning approaches and the variety of models which exist & their application area (e.g., SVM, RNN, Deep learning)
- Knowledge about data science basics including sampling and the various evaluation metrics
- Fluent in SQL and Python or R
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Knowledge on the open-source Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) and/or the IaaS or SaaS Ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud) considered a plus
- Additional programming skills such as Scala, Java, C++ or C# considered a plus
- Passionate about machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English, Dutch or French is a plus
element61 offers a comprehensive compensation package that is beyond industry standards.
The compensation packages accrues in various forms including a base salary, bonus plan rewarding personal performance, stock option plan allowing you to share in our success, company car, laptop, meal vouchers, cell phone, internet subscription and highly competitive insurance and pension plan. It might be worth noticing we are also open to discuss parttime work for the right candidates.
More importantly, through formal training, your peers and our knowledge base, you will be able to further develop in the areas of your own desire both in knowledge and soft skills.
Finally, working at element61 is fun and regular social & team events help us to feel & act as one team !