Internship Data Scientist
Role descriptions like Data Scientist are broadly used for reporting tasks & analyst tasks. Our job offer is there to reflect a true data scientist position: i.e. one where we’ll be asked you to crunch data with the objective to build machine learning models and to embed them in applications together with your data engineering colleagues.
As an intern, you’ll be responsible for (1) data preparation (e.g. feature engineering), (2) desk research on what type of models to use and (3) the machine learn modelling itself. You will work in team with colleagues and/or clients and have a responsibility to deliver your piece of the project.
This internship gives you the opportunity to learn from a mature data science team with a mix of data strategists, engineers & data scientists. You’ll learn first-hand on how to approach machine learning projects mathematically but also strategically. Being a data scientist interns at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the potential of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence.
Your key responsibilities:
• Run discovery analyses in Python, R, SQL or Scala
• Develop predictive and other machine learning models in Python, R or Scala
• Build management dashboards & insight analyses
• Act as data science enthusiast on latest machine learning & AI trends
• You’re following a University degree in Mathematics or Artificial Intelligence and/or you participated in a specialized program including Machine Learning or AI which reflects in:
- Knowledge about machine learning approaches and the variety of models which exist & their application area (e.g., SVM, RNN, Deep learning)
- Knowledge about data science basics including sampling and the various evaluation metrics
- Good in SQL
- Good in Python or R
• Additional programming skills such as Scala, Java, C++ or C# considered a plus
• Passionate about machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
• Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
• Fluent in English, Dutch or French is a plus
element61 (www.element61.be) is the thought-leading Business Analytics (Performance Management and Business Intelligence) consulting company in Belgium. In just over 10 years, we have grown to a team of more than 45 Business Intelligence & Performance Management professionals, with on average 14 years of experience.
Since 2016 element61 (www.element61.be) is part of Moore Stephens Belgium, an integrated services provider in the field of accounting, auditing, tax & legal, corporate finance, strategy & operations, business analytics and CFO services.
We are looking for students & graduates eager to do an internship in our data science team.