Senior Data engineer
As a data engineer, you aim to work hands-on in designing & creating data architectures for the machine learning solutions we build. Every mission we’ll embark will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries.
You’ll be responsible
(1) to design & build data architectures including the design & set-up of scalable (big) data lakes (full cloud or hybrid cloud), scheduled transformations & data governance
(2) to work hand-in-hand with the data scientist deploying machine learning as scalable API services in a perfect fit with the data architecture
(3) to assist the project team in deploying data applications including, if need, close-to real-time architectures
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
- Architect, develop and deploy (both hybrid cloud & full cloud) data architectures
- Act as data engineer expert on latest trends in the data analytics landscape and share best practices with the internal team
- Leverage Open Source technology in building scalable and best-practice set-ups
- Inspire customers with insights & opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies including Azure, IBM and Google Cloud
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data engineers and data scientists but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a data engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as Spark, Kubernetes, Apache, or others.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field
- Strong in Linux
- 2 years of experience with Big data technologies (Spark, HDFS, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Apache Airflow, Apache Nifi)
- 2 years of experience with Real-time technologies (Kafka, Apache Beam, Spark Streaming,…)
- Knowledge on the open-source Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) and/or the IaaS or SaaS Ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS) considered a plus
- Deep knowledge of SQL and excellent coding skills (Python, additional programming skills such as Scala, Java, C++ or C# considered a plus)
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Passionate about machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English. Dutch or French can count as a strength
element61 (www.element61.be) is the thought-leading Business Analytics (Performance Management and Business Intelligence) consulting company in Belgium. In just over 10 years, we have grown to a team of more than 45 Business Intelligence & Performance Management professionals, with on average 14 years of experience.
Since 2016 element61 (www.element61.be) is part of Moore Stephens Belgium, an integrated services provider in the field of accounting, auditing, tax & legal, corporate finance, strategy & operations, business analytics and CFO services.